Thank you for completing the PAR-Q! This will help determine if you are physically able to participate in the Pooch Partners’ classes. The information below has been taken from the 2 page paper PAR-Q.
If you answered YES to one or more of the questions:
- Talk with your doctor by phone or in person BEFORE you start becoming much more physically active or BEFORE you have a fitness appraisal. Tell your doctor about the PAR-Q and which questions you answered YES.
- You may be able to do any activity you want — as long as you start slowly and build up gradually. Or, you may need to restrict your activities to those which are safe for you. Talk with your doctor about the kinds of activities you wish to participate in and follow his/her advice.
- Find out which community programs are safe and helpful for you.
If you answered NO honestly to all PAR-Q questions, you can be reasonably sure that you can:
- Start becoming much more physically active – begin slowly and build up gradually. This is the safest and easiest way to go.
- Take part in a fitness appraisal – this is an excellent way to determine your basic fitness so that you can plan the best way for you to live actively. It is also highly recommended that you have your blood pressure evaluated. If your reading is over 144/94, talk with your doctor before you start becoming much more physically active.
DELAY BECOMING MUCH MORE ACTIVE:
This physical activity clearance is valid for a maximum of 12 months from the date it is completed and becomes invalid if your condition changes so that you would answer YES to any of the seven questions.
PLEASE NOTE:If your health changes so that you then answer YES to any of the above questions, tell your fitness or health professional. Ask whether you should change your physical activity plan.
Please feel free to review the 2 page paper PAR-Q in its totality.